11.3.09

my first time.

Hey, so this is new to me. My very first blog! I'm actually more enthused towards this than I thought I might be. But it's four:thirty-six a.m. and I just had a very bad day. I'm too stressed to sleep sooo..why not blog?!?
I realized today that I keep too much of myself to myself. I need to learn to talk about what I'm going through and what my day was like. You know, stop being so selfish. 

Well anyways..I'll go ahead and talk about myself a little. I'm a freshman in college and I'm an interior design major. I came into college ready for the "experience of my life" as most people seem to describe it. I was ready to meet new people, learn new things, gain more responsibility, just kind of hoping I'd do more things on my own and still have fun. Little did I now that my design classes would completely consume me. Along with my social life and anything else I enjoyed. I lost all my extra time for fun stuff and began filling it with project, after project, after project. In the meantime. My roommate/bestfriend/soulmate(not lover) Riley Marae seems to have all the time in the world. She's going out every weekend coming back with wicked stories and yadi yadi yah. Needless to say I wanted to punch her in her vag. It's been like that all year and honestly I'm about to break. My projects are causing me to sleep less because of stress and the time it takes to do them, so with that I'm falling behind in my very simple core classes. I'm just so sick of it all. I wish I could just drop out. Buy my camera I've been saving for. and move away to Africa to photograph the beauty there and run around like crazy with all the kids. 
Too bad it isn't that simple. My brother Seth reminds me all the time. I guess I've always liked a challenge but it seems like I have no fight left in me to put up with these ridunculous classes anymore. I just want to go back to being a kid. Walking around barefoot all summer long and having to be in for supper when it got dark. Eating ice cream cones on the porch with the freakin mosquitoes. Swimming half naked in puddles after a rain. Riding bikes all over Bethany with Dustin and Taylor. having lemonade stands everyday just to send the cool kid next door across Rockwell to get us Big League Chew with our profits. Football with the boys til you heard the crickets. Goodness. I wish. 
Now I've got high tops on 24/7 and no time to eat supper. No money to buy ice cream cones plus you just gain weight. Running in the rain only to hear perverted remarks about wet t-shirt contests once you walk back to your room. No more bikes with Dust and Tay cause our knees would hit the handlebars and we've parted ways. Only lemonade I sell now is over the headset at Sonic. And football with the boys would be awesome but now the video games are too realistic. 
Wonder what heaven'll be like...

1 comment:

  1. bekah. you have no idea how many times i feel this way. it almost makes me wanna cry because i have been feeling this way so much lately.

    ReplyDelete